Community Development Service provides practical help, tailored training and advice to new and established refugee community organisations on organisational, funding and other capacity building issues.
We work with over 40 refugee organisations in Greater Manchester.
We publish a bi-monthly newsletter on issues affecting asylum seekers and refugees including funding news, job opportunities, events, training and volunteering opportunities as well as project news of our organisation.
We provide meeting room space and access to IT resources for Refugee Community Organisations. Click here to read our newsletters
We provide high quality and accessible information, advice & guidance to Refugee Community Organisations on various funding opportunities.
Our services include:
- Funding Sources – monthly Fundraising Calendar updates and information on other fundraising opportunities.
- Funding Surgery – outreach service at various locations across Manchester for small hard-to-reach groups to access support.
- Fundraising Training – for example, how to write better funding applications, developing fundraising strategies, fundraising ideas & grant finder workshops
- Fundraising Resources – MRSN has a range of fundraising guides and directories in its funding library
- Funding Workshops – such as Meet the Funder events where funders are invited to present their funding programmes and give advice on making applications.
- One to one support – practical support with writing funding application forms and preparing fundraising plans.
The Community Development Project can help new and established groups with a range of issues including:
- Clarifying your aims and objectives
- Drafting your constitution
- Opening a bank account
- Management Committee training
- Developing the structure of your organisation
- Funding issues
- Looking for premises
- Developing policies on everything from Child Protection to Volunteering
Our community development worker can help you understand and assess the development needs of your organisation.
We provide training to Refugee Community Organisations and refugee supporting agencies in Greater Manchester. All our training events respond directly to outreach and ongoing consultation with refugee community groups.
The training is free for volunteers, paid workers and management committee members of refugee groups.
The broad areas of training are:
- Organisational Develop
- Project Management
- Finance recording
- Networking and Partnership
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Personal Development Skills
To find out more, please contact on 0161 868 0777
or Email: email@example.com