PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO COVID-19, WE NO LONGER RUN DROP IN SESSIONS AT OUR CENTRE. PLEASE EMAIL ANDREA ON firstname.lastname@example.org FOR ASSISTANCE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
The Refugee Integration Service (RIS) is a provision especially for people who in the last 9 months have been granted Humanitarian Protection, Refugee Leave or other Leave to Remain status. Simply turn up without an appointment on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1:30pm – 5:00pm. You can get support and guidance around what steps to take now that you have been given the right to reside in the UK. We are happy to help if you need support with any of the following and much more:
- Checking and ensuring you have the correct immigrations documents and ID card
- Welfare benefits e.g. Universal Credits
- Housing guidance and access to limited accommodation (subject to availability)
- Opening Bank Accounts
- ESOL registration
- Writing letters on your behalf and advocacy
- Employment support
- Access to education and training opportunities
- Access to health and other services
- Ongoing immigration advice
In the event that we cannot offer direct support, we offer help with referrals and signposting to other specialist services in the area.
It is best to arrive close to 1:30 as we may have to limit the number of people that can be seen.
Monday: 13:30 – 17:00 – Refugee Integration Service (simply turn up, no appointment necessary)
Tuesday: 13:00 – 17:00 – Refugee Integration Service (simply turn up, no appointment necessary)
Thursday: 14:30 – 17:00 – Refugee Integration Service (simply turn up, no appointment necessary)
After you have been seen and assessed as requiring ongoing support, you will be given future appointments to be seen by a case worker.