At MRSN we can help you apply for a citizenship application. However before attending our drop in session to start your application, please read the following information.
What do you need to know before starting your application for citizenship?
Below is a checklist of information, you need to meet before applying for citizenship.
- Do you have indefinite Leave to Remain for more than a year?
- Do you have at least 5 years in the UK?
- Do you have proof that you have been in the country these five years? If you have a passport/Travel Document that covers the past five years, that’s perfect. If not, please talk to us
- If you are a refugee, was your asylum claim accepted first time? If not, please talk to us
- Do you have no criminal record including driving offenses? If you do have a criminal record, please talk to us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you know all your addresses for the last five years?
- Do you have details of your passed Knowledge of Life in the UK test?
- Do you have details of your passed English test at B1 CEFR from an approved test centre OR a degree taught in English?
- Do you have details (name, date of birth, place of birth) of your parents?
- Do you have dates of all your holidays in the last five years?
- Do you have details (name, date of birth, phone number, address, email address, passport number?) of two referees? The referees must have known you for five years, one must be a professional person (teacher, solicitor, social worker, accountant etc), the other just needs to be a British passport holder over the age of 25.
- Do you have all your ID cards/passports/Travel Documents?
- Do you have a working email address?
- Do you have a bank account with enough money in?
Where to get support with your citizenship application?
For assistance applying for UK citizenship you will need to attend our advice drop in session on a Wednesday at 129 Princess Road, Moss side, M14 4RB. The drop in session runs from 10am – 1pm, however you will need to arrive at 8am in order to queue to be seen. Anyone who arrives after 8am will likely not be able to be seen that day. This is a drop in session so is not an appointment.
If you have any further questions, please email Alex at email@example.com