Who is this service for?
The Refugee Integration Service (RIS) is a provision especially for vulnerable people who in the last 2 years have been granted Humanitarian Protection, Refugee Leave or other Leave to Remain status.
We are funded by Manchester City Council to support people with vulnerable needs which includes:
- people with learning difficulties
- people with mental or physical disabilities
- people who are pensionable age
Therefore if you have received refugee status in the last 9 months and have a vulnerable need as stated above, this service is for you.
What does this service provide?
You can get support and guidance around what steps to take now that you have been given the right to reside in the UK. We are happy to help if you need support with any of the following and much more:
- Checking and ensuring you have the correct immigrations documents and ID card
- Welfare benefits e.g. Universal Credits
- Housing guidance and access to limited accommodation (subject to availability)
- Opening Bank Accounts
- ESOL registration
- Writing letters on your behalf and advocacy
- Employment support
- Access to education and training opportunities
- Access to health and other services
- Ongoing immigration advice
In the event that we cannot offer direct support, we offer help with referrals and signposting to other specialist services in the area.
When are our RIS advice sessions?
To meet with a RIS advisor please come to one of the drop in sessions listed below:
- RIS Tuesdays and Thursday afternoon drop in sessions are at St James Church, M14 4TH 1:30 – 4:00pm
- Home Search Club drop In session Thursday afternoons also at St James Church, M14 4TH 1:30 – 4:00pm (The Home Search club is for people who received Refugee status in the last 9 months, already reside in Manchester and have vulnerable needs as listed above. We cannot assist with relocations from other cities.)
Pre arranged appointments operate at the following times:
- Morning pre -arranged appointment sessions only are Tuesdays at MRSN office 9:30 – 12:30
- Morning pre-arranged appointment sessions only on Thursdays at St James Church 9:30 – 12:30
If you would like to book an appointment or enquire about more information please email your queries to our inbox RIS@mrsn.org.uk
Who to contact about this service?
To speak with an advisor about your case please email email@example.com
How our project makes a difference in people's lives
Huge thank you to the Greater Manchester Mayor’s Charity who help fund this project.